Building Great Workplaces
June 28 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Ethical Reading is delighted to invite you to our breakfast business briefing:” Building Great Workplaces”. We hope you can join us to explore what makes a great workplace where people are engaged, happy and productive – what are the key ingredients and what is the recipe?
What you will learn
Questions which will be discussed and thought through include:
- What makes a great workplace?
- What is the connection between a healthy workplace and an ethical culture?
- Is it helpful to codify organisational values?
- How do you go about cultivating an environment where people can do their best work?
We will be making available a template Code of Ethics (CoE), based on our own CoE and developed with the help of our Partners and Supporters. We hope it provides a useful starting point for other organisations to develop their own if appropriate.
We have an exciting team of speakers to inform, challenge and inspire us as we seek to develop our leadership skills, styles and approaches.
Contributions will be made by
- Paul Hargreaves, CEO and founder of Cotswold Fayre. Paul also recently published a book, “Forces for Good” on how businesses can be a force for good in society.
- Adam Jacobs, joint owner of award winning and nationally recognised Jacobs the Jewellers. Adam also chairs Reading UK.
- Yasmina Siadatan, Reading entrepreneur and winner of the Apprentice show.
- Professor Emma Borg (UoR), whose research interests include how the concept of ‘social license’ might be used to inform business practice in the future.
- Neil Thompson, COO of WorkInConfidence who works closely with HR professionals to better understand the current mood of their organisations.
Ethical Leadership is so important – now more than ever, organisations need to tap the potential of every employee to compete, innovate and win in a tough business environment. How can you do that and develop a work environment that is healthy, ethical and highly productive?
So please come along, listen, learn contribute and take action – lets together start making Reading the best place to work in the UK!
A warm thank you to our Supporter, the University of Reading for sponsoring this event and our Partner Shoosmiths for the use of their facilities.