- This event has passed.
ER Webinar: What role do managers play in creating an ethical workplace?
March 15 @ 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Ethical Reading Webinar: What role do managers play in creating an ethical workplace?
In this month’s webinar, Emma will ask whether there are different moral considerations that come into play at different levels within an organisation, or whether one’s position in a hierarchy is irrelevant to ethical issues. She will then explore what managers might be able to do to promote a more ethical workplace and close by looking at a case study that brings into focus some of the moral considerations managers face.
Joining the webinar
- Please read our setup and troubleshooting guide well before the webinar starts: https://1drv.ms/b/s!Apl6zAJFBuxaiPJjkVzHDu4hE92dAw
- Follow the instructions in the guide and do a system check.
- Five minutes before the start-time, please click on the link below: https://bottomlineevent.webex.com/bottomlineevent/onstage/g.php?MTID=ea08802b7c30e79797a8cc82c90624dc3
- Please enter your name and email address when prompted.
- You will then join the live webinar.
Professor Emma Borg, University of Reading
Emma has a keen interest in the relationship between business and society. In the past, her work in this area has focused on the banking sector and responses to the financial crisis of 2007-8. This led to reflecting on the nature of the social contract banks and other large corporations enjoy and exploring how a concept of ‘social licence’ might be used to help to constitute and inform business practice in the future, to ensure that practice develops in a way that respects ethical concerns, for instance about fairness.
Partners and Supporters
We would like to recognise our Partners and Supporters (https://ethicalreading.org.uk/partners-and-supporters/) in supporting all that we do. If you would like to join as an organisation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love for you to join us (membership is free) at https://www.ethicalreading.org.uk. Remember to sign up for the regular newsletter as well!