- This event has passed.
July meetup: How a goldfish called Wilson saved my life
July 23 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Having suffered with deep depression, acts of ending his life and feeling very alone with no purpose in life, Jason got a goldfish, he called it ‘Wilson’. From that moment life changed and started to feel more positive, homely, and a small level of purpose in life. With all of his life struggles weighing him down, not sharing his pain with friends and family, it was a goldfish called ‘Wilson’ that Jason reflects on the moment that changed his outlook on life and found inspiration to talk, if only to a goldfish called ‘Wilson’.
- 6.30-7.00pm: Arrive and meet other attendees and members of the Ethical Reading team
- 7.00-7.05pm: Welcome and introduction
- 7.05-7.30pm: Talk by the speaker
- 7.30-8.20pm: Discussion in breakout groups with feedback
- 8.20-8.30pm: Wrap-up and mentions of relevant upcoming events etc*
- 8.30-9.00pm: For those who wish, retire to the bar to continue the conversation
* Please let us know in advance if you would like to mention something
Speaker: Jason McMahon
Jason now is an experienced fundraiser for a local homeless support charity, an inspirational speaker and mental health first aid instructor. Join us for a short insight into Jason’s story and opportunity to discuss some coping tools we can all share at times of need for our own mental well-being.
Partners and Supporters
We would like to recognise our Partners and Supporters (https://ethicalreading.org.uk/partners-and-supporters/) in supporting all that we do. If you would like to join as an organisation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love for you to join us (membership is free) at https://www.ethicalreading.org.uk. Remember to sign up for the regular newsletter as well!
- July 23
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- ethical behaviour, Jason McMohan, mental health, mental health in the workplace, respect compassion action collaboration social purpose, responsibility #ethicalreading Ethical Reading repect compassion ethical behaviour @ethicalreading ethics in business Reading ethical ethics, wellbeing, workplace stress
- The Firefly Cellar Bar
The Three Guineas Station Road, Reading, RG1 1LY
Reading, RG1 1LY GB + Google Map
- Ethical Reading