- This event has passed.
October meetup: Adult social care is in crisis!
October 22, 2019 @ 6:15 pm - 9:00 pm
Adult social care is in crisis. It’s widely seen as unfair, and not properly funded. Governments of all colours have talked about it, then avoided action. Few of us know how social care works, yet we all want more say in big decisions like this: What care should be available, and for whom? How much funding should it have, and how should we pay for it?
Our friends from TalkShop will be hosting this meetup. Talk Shop is a new way of discussing and reaching agreement about big issues that really matter to us all – local, national, international. It’s about making sure everyone has a voice in the matters that concern them. Come along, explore these issues in a fun and friendly way, and have your say. We’ll be reporting what you – and others at similar events – say to Parliament.
**NOTE** To allow more time for debate and discussion in small, faciltated groups we will be starting 15 minutes earlier and finishing a little later.
- 6.15 – 6:30pm: Arrive and meet other attendees and members of the Ethical Reading team
- 6:30 – 8:15pm: Facilitated discussion led by Bob Bollen in small groups using discussion cards with access to expertise and key data
- 8:15 – 8:45pm: Discussion of key points
- 8.45 – 9.00pm: Wrap-up and mentions of relevant upcoming events etc*
* Please let us know in advance if you would like to mention something.
Lead: Bob Bollen (TalkShop)
Bob Bollen has taught maths, designed & built hardware and software, and more recently managed systems integration projects. Now retired he works to promote more open and respectful ways of discussion and decision making with Talk Shop.
Additional facilitators and experts: Dr. Charlotte Newey (University of Reading) , Dr. Dan Dennis (University of Oxford)
Partners and Supporters
We would like to recognise our Partners and Supporters (https://ethicalreading.org.uk/partners-and-supporters/) in supporting all that we do. If you would like to join as an organisation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love for you to join us (membership is free) at https://www.ethicalreading.org.uk. Remember to sign up for the regular newsletter as well!
- October 22, 2019
6:15 pm - 9:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- Adult social care, Bob Bollen, compassion, Dr. Charlotte Newey, Dr. Dan Dennis, ethical behaviour, ethical leadership, Ethics, Respect, respect compassion action collaboration social purpose, TalkShop
- The Firefly Cellar Bar
The Three Guineas Station Road, Reading, RG1 1LY
Reading, RG1 1LY GB + Google Map
- Ethical Reading and TalkShop