Our Sustainability programme
We want to help local organisations embed environmental sustainability into what they do, work together to improve the local and wider environment and get the message out about it.
We plan to achieve this through:
- Events that provide inspiration, motivation and mutual support
- Identifying sustainability champions within organisations
- Providing sustainability training and support for champions and decision-makers
- Working together with other organisations on sustainability initiatives and providing sponsorship opportunities
- Connecting businesses with sustainability expertise
- Signposting relevant resources
- Sharing success stories and examples of best practice
Are you a sustainability champion or could you become one?
We’re keen to identify sustainability champions at organisations across Reading and the surrounding area and to support them to make an even bigger positive difference.
- Are you passionate about genuinely helping to improve your organisation’s sustainability credentials?
- Are you already shaking things up to minimise your organisation’s impact on the environment?
- Or are you simply frustrated about things that happen at your workplace like reliance on disposable plastic cups or lights being left on out of hours?
If any of these sound like you we’d love to hear from you.
Trees for Reading
We want to mobilise Reading-based businesses to help us make our town greener.
We’re offering local organisations the opportunity to sponsor the planting and care of trees within the town through our Trees for Reading initiative. In response to demand, we’re now extending the opportunity to individuals as well, so everyone can contribute to making our town greener.
Ethical Reading is a new not-for-profit social enterprise. We need your support in order to create online training resources and to continue running inspiring events and raising awareness of ethical issues. Thank you!